Never work with children or animals…unless they are in one of the top 5 musicals for children to be in! Paul is joined by Emily McKnight to discuss being a children’s entertainer and educator, the no-filter environment of performing for children, the benefits of having children participate in the performing arts. Being a musical theatre lover Emily will discuss her top 5 musicals for children to be in.
FANTASTIX BITS IN THE INTERVIEW
- How Emily Who the character came about
- The challenges performing for children
- Educational nature of the songs in Sound of Music
- Mary Poppins Returns
- The song everyone should sing
- How musicals encourage kids to read
- Benefits of music and performance for children
- Friendship through musicals
- Emily’s dream role
EMILY’S TOP 5
- 5 -Wizard of Oz
- 4 – Sound of Music
- 3 – Mary Poppins
- 2 – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- 1 – Matilda
- Les Miserable
PAUL’S TOP 5
- 5 – Peter Pan
- 4 – Annie
- 3 – Sound of Music
- 2 – Seussical
- 1 -Matilda
THINGS TO CHECK OUT AFTER THIS EPISODE (SHOW NOTES)
- Emily Who – Spotify and YouTube
- Jays Jungle
- Emma Watson’s book club – Our Shared Shelf
- Join the conversation in our Fantastix Cast & Crew Community Group on Facebook
Head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and play the episode.
Or you can listen to the episode right here, by hitting the Play button at the top of this post. We hope you enjoy!
Thank you for listening!
Love Fantastix? Support the show!
Join the conversation in our Fantastix Cast & Crew Community Group on Facebook
Follow our Facebook Page
Leave a rating or review in iTunes
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Spotify
Subscribe via Stitcher