Today we are discussing Mental Health with Josh Piterman. As well as being an accomplished tenor having toured with the Ten Tenors, and performed professionally in many capacities in Australia and the UK including the Drowsy Chaperone, Tony in West Side Story and most recently as Gerry in Beautiful The Carole King Musical, Josh is an ambassador for Entertainment Assist. Entertainment Assist is a national health promotion charity that raises awareness about mental health and wellbeing in the Australian entertainment industry.
We are looking at the Top 5 Musicals about Mental Health. We want to encourage open conversations in the effort to make sure that everyone within the performing arts is feeling okay and that is okay if you’re not and we are all here to support each other. However, if you do need someone to talk to urgently please phone Lifeline on 131114 for a confidential discussion.
I very much enjoyed speaking with Entertainment Assist Ambassador, Josh Piterman and I am positive that you will get something worthwhile out of it as we discuss the Top 5 musicals about mental health.
FANTASTIX BITS IN THE INTERVIEW
- The Aussie stigma of “she’ll be right mate”
- Remember the iceberg theory when consuming the highlight reel of social media
- The role that Josh could not wait to shed for his own mental health
- The impacts of comparisonitis
- The disconnect of our heavily connected modern lives
- Our validation addiction
- Thank you Mr Einstein
- Get out of your own comfort zone and ask how are you feeling right now versus how are you?
- Can we get the hashtag #pitecelli to trend
- Dear Evan Hansen
- Next To Normal
- Be More Chill
- Man of La Mancha
- Sunset Boulevarde / Beautiful
THINGS TO CHECK OUT AFTER THIS EPISODE (SHOW NOTES)
Lifeline Phone 13 11 14
As always thank you for listening!
Love Fantastix? Support the show!
Join the conversation in our Fantastix Cast & Crew Community Group on Facebook
Follow our Facebook Page
Leave a rating or review in iTunes