Happy Father’s Day to all the Father’s out there, especially to my Dad – who, along with my mum, is traveling overseas. I’m sure you’re having a great time and I look forward to catching up when you both get back.
To celebrate Father’s Day, I wanted to catch up with someone who was raised in Musical Theatre, performed on stage with his Dad, and is now a father himself with children who also involved in the performing arts.
Today I am catching up with Geoff Stone. We were both born and raised at The Regals Musical Society. Just like my parents, Geoff’s parents met through Community Theatre and they passed their love of theatre on to the next generation.
Geoff and I spoke about the Top 5 father roles in musical theatre.
Community Theatre really is a magical place. Even though I no longer go to rehearsals in my pajamas and dressing gown and sleep under the chairs – I still find it as magical as ever.
This episode is dedicated to all the fathers out there. Whether they are looking down from above or still with us – our Fathers are always close in our hearts.
FANTASTIX BITS IN THE INTERVIEW
- Geoff’s earliest musical memory
- The magic of growing up in the rehearsal room
- Geoff and Paul reminisce about how wonderful it was to share the stage with their dads
- The romantic story of how Paul’s parents met
- Geoff’s first show age 7
- Some community theatre ‘royalty’ name drops
- Geoff’s transition from romantic lead to father roles
- Which show did we all lose weight during and get super fit?
- Geoff’s love of community theatre premieres
- Warning Geoff uses the J word!
- How Geoff has passed the “bug” down to his own son’s just like his own father did for him
- Which father role is on Geoff’s “one-day” list?
- Which soundtrack made Geoff want the role?
- How Geoff faced the challenge of satisfying the Monty Python die hards
- Alllllllllll those wives and children must earn this role the number 1 spot for Geoff
- Double the father goodness in Paul’s no.5
- Which father role is the Bruce Willis of musical theatre?
- How will Geoff and Paul spend their Father’s Day?
- How odd is the game of golf?
- A mutual tragic love #redv
- Which post rehearsal treat is Geoff’s favourite comfort food
- Geoff’s top of the bucket list role
- Remember the caveat they don’t need to be good role model fathers; they just need to be good ROLES!
Top5 – Geoff
- The King – The King and I
- King Arthur – Spamalot
- Frank Abagnale Snr – Catch Me If You Can
- Tevye – Fiddler on the Roof
- The Baker – Into The Woods
Top 5 – Paul
- Tevye – Fiddler on the Roof
- Alfred P. Doolittle – My Fair Lady
- Captain Von Trapp – The Sound of Music
- Jean Valjean – Les Miserables
- Caractacus /Grandpa Potts – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- Mufasa – The Lion King
- Gomez – The Addams Family
- Maurice – Beauty and the Beast
- The 3 Fathers – Mamma Mia
- Joe’s dad – Our House
As always thank you for listening!
Love Fantastix? Support the show!
Join the conversation in our Fantastix Cast & Crew Community Group on Facebook
Follow our Facebook Page
Leave a rating or review in iTunes
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Spotify
Subscribe via Stitcher