“I believe something wonderful is going to happen to me today.”
My guest today, Daniel Tolson, is a former champion athlete, he has led a team of more than 17,000 cabin crew and has personally conducted more than 1000 studies into emotional intelligence.
I wanted to get Daniel on the show because there are many moments in the Performing Arts where confidence, performance and being rejection proof are paramount.
Daniel and I are going to give you TWO top 5’s for the price of one. I wanted to discuss with you the top 5 things we can do to emotionally prepare for public performance and the top 5 ways of becoming rejection proof. In other words, the Top 5 Ways to Perform at Your Best…
FANTASTIX BITS IN THE INTERVIEW
- D is for Daniel or is it?
- For every minute in planning you save 10 minutes in execution
- Daily preparation is the key of the high performing individual
- Knock and the door will open
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) aka the language we use to program our own mind.
- Our thoughts predict 95% of our feelings/emotions
- The importance of 1 degree
- How Hugh Jackman displays behavioural flexibility
- Do you believe something wonderful is going to happen to you today?
- The unfair chemical advantage as sung by Anna in The King and I “Whenever I feel afraid, I hold my head up high ….”
- Be your own performance coach, using which 2 questions?
- It’s ok to be nervous
- Hearing NO 1000 times means you’re a step closer to a YES!
- How often do you step out of your comfort zone?
- Mamma Morton said it – Rec-i-proc-it-yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
- Timing is everything
- Can you handle hearing no?
Top 5 Pillars of Success
- Clear outcome
- Take action
- Sensory acuity
- Behavioural flexibility
- Psychology of success
Top 5 Ways to be Rejection Proof (pillars of emotional intelligence)
- Social regulation
Grab your free resources at www.danieltolson.com
Love Fantastix? Support the show!
Join the conversation in our Fantastix Cast & Crew Community Group on Facebook
Follow our Facebook Page
Leave a rating or review in iTunes
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Spotify
Subscribe via Stitcher