There have been many, many people who have gifted the world wonderful music. Some of these people have been immortalised in a musical.
Paul speaks with Emilie Lawson, who is playing Carole King in Miranda Musical Society’s Beautiful – The Carole King Musical, about the Top 5 Musicals Based on Real People.
Emilie’s Top 5
- Jersey Boys
- The Boy From Oz
- Funny Girl
Paul’s Top 5
- The Boy From Oz
- Catch Me If You Can
- Mack & Mabel
FANTASTIX BITS IN THE INTERVIEW
- The great roles Emilie had in High School
- Which community group blew Emilie’s socks off?
- Quadruple threat alert!
- Caveat for this countdown, both countdowns include shows Emilie and Paul have seen.
- How Babs performance makes us forget Fanny Brice
- When you think of Boy from Oz do you think of Peter Allen, Hugh Jackman, Todd McKenney or maybe even Gavin Leahy?
- Emilie’s personal family history influences one of her choices…..is it Tenterfield, The Bronx, Argentina or New Jersey?
- Allllll those Carole King songs you just didn’t realise were even Carole King songs!
- Which show ranks at No 1 in another countdown?
- Differences between biopics and jukebox musicals.
- Which number 1 is becoming available to amateur groups soon?
- Would you call PT Barnum a quadruple (sing, dance, act, circus skills) or quintuple threat (sing, dance, act, circus and businessman skills)?
- Emilie and Paul make a bunch of assumptions about a predetermined reaction to seeing Hamilton!!
- Whose life do you think would make a great musical. Elton John? Judy Garland? Freddie Mercury? Michael Hutchins?
For tickets Beautiful The Carole King Story with Miranda Musical Society: http://www.mirandamusicalsociety.com.au/
Love Fantastix? Support the show!
Join the conversation in our Fantastix Cast & Crew Community Group on Facebook
Follow our Facebook Page
Leave a rating or review in iTunes
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Spotify
Subscribe via Stitcher